If you are a bird lover and love to feed birds in your yard, then there are many types of seeds you can feed them. One of them is Safflower. Safflower is a plant, whose flower and seeds are used for. medicinal purposes. The oil from safflower seed can be used to treat different ailments including high cholesterol, stroke, diabetes, heart disease, and also to prevent scarring.
Safflower seed is obtained from Carthamus tinctorius. It is an annual flower and resembles a thistle. The safflower seed is small, hard, white, and angular. They are a bit larger than popcorn kernels in size. Most birds crack the outer shell of these seeds and consume the food stored inside while doves swallow the entire seed.
Safflower oil can also be used for cooking. The oil from safflower seeds can also be used as a solvent for paint. Of all these, the most important use of safflower seeds is to feed birds. It is the most important part of the food for birds. If you are a bird lover, you will get safflower seeds to ensure that little chirping beauties surround your verandah. Now, searching for fresh and the best variety of safflower seeds is the real challenge. But you don’t need to worry about that anymore as the Little songbirds have just the best variety of safflower seeds and they are so fresh and amazing that you will never get a chance to complain. They will provide you with the best material that will always impress you, no matter what.
Benefits of safflower seeds
- The linoleic and linolenic acid of the safflower seed helps to prevent the hardening of the arteries. It also helps to reduce the risk of heart disease and lower the blood cholesterol level.
- Chemicals present in safflower act as blood thinners thus preventing the clotting of blood, lowering the blood pressure, and stimulating the heart.
- Safflower is known to improve your blood sugar level.
- The fatty acids present in safflower seeds help fight inflammation.
- Not just this, oil from safflower seeds will help you protect your skin from getting dry. It soothes your skin and provides you relief from dry and scaly skin.
If you want to get all these health benefits and also get the best quality safflower seeds for feeding the birds, you can order these from the Little songbirds website. They ensure timely delivery of fresh and best-quality safflower seeds.